Celebrating 55 Years!
This month we celebrate 55 wonderful years in business. Throughout the history of L+L Companies, we have maintained our focus on creating the highest quality printing available, providing superior customer service and continually exploring methods to provide the best print and marketing solutions to our clients. Since its founding in 1959, L+L has grown to over 120 employees, located in 3 manufacturing facilities encompassing over 80,000 square feet of workspace, making us one of San Diego’s largest print and marketing services providers.
Where we’ve come from
1959 – L+L Printers first opened its doors in San Diego, CA on University Avenue.
1993 – L+L was bought by current owners.
1994 – L+L moved to its current San Diego Location.
2003 – L+L purchased their first DI Press.
2006 – L+L acquired assets and employees of Lithographix Carlsbad to establish L+L Printers Carlsbad.
2007 – L+L invested in their HP Indigo 5500, launching L+L Digital.
2009 – L+L founded and launched their sustainability initiative iLuvTrees.org.
2009 – Key team members from A Copy World were added to further expand the capabilities of the L+L Digital division.
2009 – Key team members from Bordeaux Printers were added to create L+L’s Bordeaux division.
2009 – A second HP Indigo 5500 and 2 Nuvera 120EA presses were installed to support the increased production resulting from the expansion.
2011 – Key team members and equipment from Specialist Print & Mail were added to create L+L’s Specialist Media Group division, making L+L the leader in full service direct mail production in San Diego County.
2012 – L+L Printers, L+L Digital, Bordeaux and Specialist Media Group all consolidated into a single more coherent brand, L+L Companies.
2013 – Key team members from Raymert Press Inc. were added, building on our offset division.
2014 – L+L launched their new website llprinters.com.